PART-TIME OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
The Old Naval Hospital Foundation is seeking a dynamic individual to provide part-time evening and weekend support (20 – 25 hours per week) to the special events, programming and marketing teams at Hill Center at the Old Naval Hospital, a vibrant home for culture, education and city life on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic, flexible and creative. Excellent oral and written communication skills are imperative. Starting salary $12/hour.
- Staffing the Reception Desk as needed on evenings and weekends
- Conducting walk-throughs/tours with vendors and potential clients and program partners
- Meeting with clients to finalize logistics for all aspects of their events
- Providing A/V support to special events and programmatic offerings
- Assisting with website updates and calendar listings
- Drafting floor plans for program offerings and special events
- Entering reservations into the computerized facilities calendar and space reservation system.
- Updating the inventory of equipment and supplies required for special events
- Coordinating Hill Center-sponsored special events
- Other duties deemed necessary by the Executive Director and Hill Center Team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills suitable to creating and maintaining a positive impression of the Center as an ideal location for special events and program offerings
- Ability to oversee and coordinate events and program activities with limited supervision
- Ability to make independent, cost-effective judgment calls which ensure a positive experience for Hill Center patrons
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to stay focused in a fast paced environment
- A self-motivated, team player with organizational/logistics experience. Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills required. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and dedicated to providing the highest quality experience for Hill Center patrons and guests.
Interested applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter explaining their interest in the position and detailing relevant qualifications and experience to jobs@HillCenterDC.org.